FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ERZURUM GENÇLİK SPOR CLUB May 19, 2014 Posted By: Keith McAdams
There can be no lasting success in Turkey; unless hockey teams, people and competitors work together to grow the sport.
~ Keith McAdams
I know for a fact. I would have no success at all in coaching in Erzurum Turkey with out the help of many people. I can not thank you enough for all your help.
1. Great Management - The management put the players first ahead of their own personal glory.
2. Great Support Staff - The management has people that help the coaches and players succeed.
3. The management, coaches and players are dedicated to improving each year.
4. Yeliz Yüksel ability to fix problem or challenges that pop up during the year.
5. Ertekin Karaman and all the staff at GSIM Ice Arena, that work hard to give us the best ice rink in Turkey.
6. The bus drivers who who drove over 30 hours per weekend to play the games.
7. The coaches and skating coaches who have build a great foundation in Erzurum for future success. Yeliz Yüksel, Yakup Arslan, Ömer Kantar, Şamil Koç, and Muhammed Kalkan.
8. İkram Çintimar who does a 1000 jobs for hockey in Erzurum.
9. All the Woman from Narman that serve as coaches.
10. The great work that Palandöken Gsk and Oskar Spor Kulüp are doing in the community.
11. I want to thank Oktay Yavuzarslan and Kelebek Tunçay my competitors, great coaches and friends.
12. I can always trust and get help from Teksin Oztekin, Kaan Özgencil, Cagri Karabulut, Yücel Çıtak and Burkay Altuntaş.
People like you guys; show there is great possibilities for hockey in Turkey. You are the next generation of leaders for your sport. It's up to you guys to lead Turkey in the right direction.
You guys have been gone for a few years. But Nikolas Geno Sturmankin, Ryan Strayer, and Brian Dunford; you guys were great role models and responsible for setting up the right foundation. Nicholas Giampietro, you were here a short period of time but you brought the team together with friendship. Nick you made a big difference in short time